Template Organization Overview
In Foxit eSign, you can organize your templates by name, type, and description. Types and descriptions will appear under the Templates tab beside the name of your templates.
Jump to Template Organization Topic
How to Add Types and Descriptions to Templates
How to Create or Add Templates to a Template Library
How to Access Templates Libraries
Add Types and Descriptions to Templates
- Navigate to the Templates tab.
- Click on the template to assign a type and description
- At the top left of the application, click next to the word Type and Description
- Enter the desired type and description and click the checkmark to confirm
Once the type and description have been assigned, and the template has been saved, it will be displayed in the columns next to the corresponding name. Templates can be searched by the template name and type.
Sharing your templates with coworkers or other Foxit eSign users is easy with our template libraries. The template library system allows you to create subfolders in which to store copies of your created templates. These libraries can then be shared between users of the same account, or with external Foxit eSign users. Share your Templates with a specific department, or users, or use them to organize templates if you have multiple ones.
Create or Add Templates to a Template Library
- Navigate to the Template home page.
- Check the boxes of the template(s) you wish to add to your new template library
- Click the Share Templates button along the top of the template navigation
- You may either enter in a name for your new template library or select a pre-existing library to which to add the selected template(s)
Templates may also be added to an existing template library via accessing the template library page, selecting the library you would like to add a template to, and following the on-screen steps to select and add a template.
💡Tip! Templates that are added and/or shared via a template library will be unable to be deleted until they are removed from the library.
Access the Template Library
- Navigate to the Template home page
- Expand the options panel on the left side of the application; this will display the template library.
Template libraries may be shared between users and departments. Sharing can be useful for creating a library of templates that non-super admin-level users can access and use to create documents.