Sometimes you adjust the order of the bookmarks in your PDF document, and then you may need to rearrange the PDF pages according to the new bookmark order. To do this, you can use the Rearrange command in Foxit PDF Editor to quickly sort pages in just a few clicks.
1. Open the PDF document where you want to sort pages based on the bookmark order.
2. Choose Organize > Rearrange, or right-click any page thumbnail in the Pages panel and choose Rearrange Pages….
3. Click Yes in the pop-up confirmation dialog box to start the sorting process. (You can also select Don’t ask again to not show the dialog box next time you use the Rearrange feature.)
4. After the process is complete, the pages in the PDF will be sorted based on the current bookmark order.
1. Generally, not every page contains a bookmark. The pages that do not contain any bookmarks are associated with the nearest bookmark in front of them in the document.
Therefore, if you move a bookmark that is associated with multiple pages, the associated pages will be moved together after you rearrange pages using the Rearrange command. For example, a document contains 5 pages (Page 1, 2, 3, 4, and
5) and two bookmarks (Bookmark1 on Page 1 and Bookmark2 on Page 4). If you move Bookmark1 after Bookmark2 and then rearrange pages in the document, the pages from Page 1 to Page 3 will be moved together after Page 5, while Page 4 and Page 5 will be moved in front of Page 1.
2. For a document whose first pages (one or more) are not associated with any bookmark,if you rearrange pages after moving any bookmark of the document, those pages will be moved to the end of the document.
3. For a page that contains more than one bookmark, if you move them to different locations and rearrange pages in the document, the page will be moved according to the location of the first bookmark of the page. For example, a document contains 3 pages (Page 1, 2, and 3) and three bookmarks (Bookmark1 on Page 1, and Bookmark2 and Bookmark3 on Page 3). If you move Bookmark2 to the location before Bookmark1 and then rearrange pages, Page 3 will be moved to be the first page of the document.