In-Person Signing Feature Overview
In-Person Signing permits a signer who is physically present at the time of signature or who does not have access to the internet to electronically sign a document. An Administrator with a Foxit eSign account will need to help the signer and conduct the in-person signing. You will be able to create legally binding, electronically signed papers without needing to use an e-mail address.
Jump to In-Person Signing Topic
How to Add a new In-Person Signer
How to Add an In-Person Signer from Address Book
How to Sign with In-Person Signing Option
Add a new In-Person Signer
(No email required)
The below steps are used in the Add Signers/Assign Recipient steps in the sending process.
- Add a new recipient for in-person signing by clicking Add New.
- Select the party as an in-person signer by checking the box.
- Add First Name and Last Name.
Note: Email address is optional for recipients when using In Person Signing.
- Select a user of the account to be assigned the In Person Signing Administrator.
Add In-Person Signer from Address Book
Add a recipient from your Address Book as an In-Person Signer:
- Enter part of their email address or name and select them from the dropdown list.
- Click Enable In-Person Signing.
- Select the checkbox for In Person Signers.
- Select In-Person Signing Administrator to manage the signing session.
Sign with In-Person Signing
- The assigned Administrator clicks 'Switch Session' to start the In-Person Signing process.
2. The Administrator passes control to the in-person signer.
3. The in-person signer confirms that they are willingly signing the document electronically and confirms themselves before reviewing the documents.
4. The in-person signer completes the signing process by clicking 'Finish' after signing the document.
5. The in-person signer confirms their signature.
6. Signed documents can be sent to an email address. When clicking ‘Continue’, the control is passed over to the assigned In Person Signing Administrator.
7. The In-Person Signing Administrator is required to enter their Foxit eSign password to take back control.
8. The in-person signing process is completed.
💡Tip! Using In Person Signing for multiple recipients on one document at the same time? Use Boardroom Signing with Online Forms to skip giving the Administrator the control back between signers.