Administrators can remotely deploy Acrobat/Reader to multiple Macintosh systems running Mac OS 10.13 or later across their network. Using Apple Remote Desktop 3 (commonly referred to as ARD), an administrator can install Foxit PDF Editor automatically, without user intervention, to one or more remote computers.
Please note: Deployment is not one-size-fits-all, every enterprise is different. This guide should only be used as a reference and not literal. If you are not familiar with Apple Remote Desktop, refer to Apple’s documentation https://www.apple.com/remotedesktop/.
In this article:
ARD deployments support the following licensing options:
- Named user licensing
- Shared device licensing
The only difference in the deployment is that for Shared Device Licensing you will need to embed the key in the installer.
Installing with Remote Desktop
To deploy the product via ARD:
- Open ARD.
- Verify Remote Management and Sharing is enabled for every target computer.
- Select one or more Macintosh computers on which you want to install Acrobat or Reader.
- Choose Install on the top of the Remote Desktop window.
- When the Install Packages window appears, choose the + button at the top left of the Install Packages window.
- Locate and select the Acrobat or Reader .pkg file.
- Choose Open to add it to the Install Packages List.
- Choose Install to perform a complete installation of Foxit PDF Editor or Reader on the selected machines.