Foxit PDF Editor support deployment on Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops on Windows machines.
Note: Since there are many ways to configure Foxit PDF Editor for VDIs, these instructions are intended as basic examples. Administrators may need to tailor these instructions to meet the requirements of their environment.
IT Admins looking to customize and deploy Foxit PDF Editor to Citrix.
|Version||Foxit PDF Editor Windows 12.1+||Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 2203||Windows Server 2019|
Note: This is an environment that Foxit has verified and confirmed support for.
In this article:
- Fine-tuning your Citrix environment
- Tuning for virtual environments
How you tune your environment depends on a number of factors such as the number of users, requisite features, PDF content, and so on. It is advisable to use this documentation as well as that provided by Citrix.
- Microsoft: Apply all critical and recommended hotfixes and all hotfix rollup packs that Microsoft provides.
- Apply all critical and recommended hotfixes and all hotfix rollup packs that Citrix provides. Refer to https://support.citrix.com/article/ctx129229
Tuning for virtual environments
Tuning helps mitigate performance issues, simplifies the end user experience, and allows you to disable features and behaviors that should not be accessible to end users in an IT-managed environment.
Install Foxit PDF Editor Windows
The following method should be used to install the client (the version is not lower than PDF Editor Windows 12.1.) on the Citrix.
Open the cmd command line and execute the command
- If it is the msi version, add the parameter USERMLICENSE=1 USEVENIDENTITY=1 after the path of the installation package.
FoxitPDFEditor20231_L10N_Setup.msi USERMLICENSE=1 USEVENIDENTITY=1
- If it is the exe version, add the parameter /UseRMLicense /UseVEnIdentity after the path of the installation package.
FoxitPDFEditor20231_L10N_Setup.exe /UseRMLicense /UseVEnIdentity
Named user licensing deployments
With named user licensing, end users simply “activate” Foxit PDF Editor by logging in to the software. License-related data is saved in the user's "AppData/Roaming/Foxit Software/" folder and registry hive "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software" which is synced to the VM on login.
1. Set up profile redirection. User profile data in roaming folder as well as the HKCU hive must sync to the VM instance on which the user logs in.
Admins should ensure that such data is saved on user logout or disconnect. Some systems provide VM tools; for example, Citrix (Citrix Profile Management) and VMware Horizon (View Personal Management). At a minimum, sync the following:
|User configuration redirection||C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Foxit Software||
|registry synchronization||HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software|
2. Customize the package using the Foxit Customization Wizard
3. Deploy as usual.
Shared device licensing deployments
Foxit PDF Editor supports Offline Licensing in most virtual environments, including Citrix, VMWare, RDS/WTS, and App-V. Use this package type for end-users who:
- Cannot adopt named user licensing since they are not allowed to use online services.
- Restricted environment with no internet.
Don't use this package type for end-users who:
- Periodically connect to the internet, because the Admin Console only needs to check license usage every 60 days.
1. Customize the package using the Foxit Customization Wizard to embed the Shared Device key.
2. Deploy as usual.