Notification messages appear at the top right corner of the document pane when you work with interactive PDF forms, PDF/A files, or PDF files under shared review or email review, etc.
Organizations looking to customize Foxit PDF Editor before deploying it to their knowledge workers.
In this article:
- Deploy Foxit PDF Editor with custom Outlook add-in settings
- Manually disable notification messages
Customize Notification Messages using the Foxit Customization Wizard tool
- Click on the Preferences Tab
- Scroll down to "Notification Messages"
- Select one of the options to customize, see below the screenshot
- Select "Enable configuration for Notification Messages"
- This will Enable all the notifications and prevent users from disabling them
UNcheck "Show the message which affects the next step" to disable the following notifications:
- The OCR notification: lets users know the document is not editable.
- The Shared Review notification: lets users know the document has been updated.
UNcheck "Show the notification related message" to disable the following notifications:
- The Field notification: lets users know there are fillable fields in a document.
- The Digital Signature notification: lets users know the document contains digital Signatures.
UNcheck "Show PDF/A message again" to disable the following notifications:
- The PDF/A notification: lets users know the document is a PDF/A file.
Customize Notification Messages using registry
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Editor 11.0\Preferences\General
Give "bBubbleMsgAffects" a value of "0" to disable the OCR and Shared Review notifications.
Give "bBubbleMsgNotification" a value of "0" to disable the Field and Digital Signature notifications.
Give "bBubbleMsgPDFA" a value of "0" to disable the PDF/A notification.
Customize Notification Messages using command line
It is not possible to do this via command line.
Customize Notification Messages using GPO
- Open Group Policy Editor
- Navigate to Foxit PDF Editor > Preferences
- Click on Notification Messages
- Select "Enabled"
- Check the setting you'd like to customize
Manually customize Notification Messages
- Open Foxit PDF Editor and navigate to the Preferences Tab
- Select Preferences
- Select General
- UNcheck the Notification Message you'd like to disable