Draft Mode Overview
Draft mode allows the sender of a document to edit, add, remove, prefill information fields, or add additional documents to a folder before sending off a document. Similar to when creating a template, the draft mode allows customization on a per-document basis, enabling a user to utilize saved templates in multiple ways and personalize each document to any specification.
There are two types of Draft Mode. Prefilled values can be applied on a:
- Document level: For a specific document.
- Template level: All future documents that are created from the template.
Jump To Draft Mode Topics
Prefill fields for a Document
Double-clicking on a field will allow the field to be prefilled with a value or a value may be added directly to Default Value in the Field Properties.
To create a field with pre-filled values that is unable to be changed by a recipient, enable the View Only setting from Field Properties.
Prefill fields for a Document created from a Template
- Open the template and click Send
- On step 3, Review/Send, located beneath the Email Template, click Edit
- Double-click a field to prefill a value or add values directly to the Default Value field in Field Properties
Advanced Sending Options can be customized from the More Actions button in Draft mode for a document. Customize the Automatic Reminders and Expiration feature or edit the Recipient Delegation Settings.
Prefill fields for a Template
- Open the template.
- Double-click a field to prefill a value or add directly to Default Value in Field Properties.
All documents sent from this template will contain the prefilled field values.