User Level Overview
It is recommended that the Foxit eSign users only have the necessary access depending on their tasks. User levels include Account Owner, Super Admin, Administrator, and Regular User. User levels provide different sets of permissions or restrictions, and defines what data the different users on account can access and edit.
Types of User Levels
The Account Owner is a Super Administrator, responsible for managing the billing aspects of the organization. The billing aspects include purchases, renewals, and any necessary additional purchases. The account owner is able to access all of the previous invoices made on their organization's account and has Super Admin user level by default. Account Owners have access to all settings, account users, and can see all account holders’ documents and activities.
Billings tab access
Only the Account Owner can access the Billing tab.
- See and download invoices
- See the current account plan, request an upgrade of the plan, or renew the account
- See the current documents quota and number of documents used
- Update credit card information
- Purchase SMS for document links/reminders
- Purchase 2FA for mobile or phone Two-Factor Authentication
The Super Admins can control the entire functionality of Foxit eSign and view any document created by any user in the system, and create documents, templates and share them with the users of the account directly, or by assigning them using the Template Library.
Super Admins can access:
Super Admins cannot access:
|All Settings||Billing’s tab|
|All Account user settings; create new users, inactivate users, give secured field access, create departments and assign them to users, change account owner, etc.||Invoices|
|All account holders’ documents and activities||Account Plan details|
|Personalize Application Colors||Current documents quota and number of documents used|
|Custom branding||Credit card details of the account|
|Web hook Status||KBA purchases|
|Web hook Channels||2FA (Two-Factor Authentication) purchases|
|Personalize Application Colors|
|Give Secured Field Access to users|
|Customized Labels to sort documents on an individual level|
Administrators can edit email templates, perform uploads to the email groups that are used for bulk sending, and create document templates. Admins can monitor the documents associated with their subordinates if assigned as a manager to a regular user or admin.
Admins can access:
- Account Settings
- Address Book Settings
- Email Groups
- Email Templates
- Full access to their own account Settings
- Can see other Admins’ documents if they are assigned to the same department.
- If assigned as a Manager, they can view the documents of their subordinates irrespective of their departments
- Templates that have been shared with all users of the account.
- Template libraries
- Custom Branding
- Personalize Application Colors
- Online forms
- Customized Labels to sort documents on an individual level.
Administrators cannot access:
- Billing’s tab
- Account User Settings
- Cannot see other Administrator users’ documents if they are not assigned to the same department and have Share Documents with Department Administrators selected.
- Templates from other users, unless the templates are shared with All users of the account or accessible through a shared library
- Regular users document unless they are assigned as a Manager
- Web hook Status
- Web hook Channels
- Personalized Fields unless they are enabled for Admins
- Cannot change the author of an online form
- Do not have access to other users' Online Forms
- Administrators are unable to see other users' templates, unless they are shared with all users. A Template Library can easily be created to share templates with other users, internal or external.
Access to core features. Can send the eSignature requests, create templates, or use shared templates.
Regular Users can access:
- Their own documents
- Their own templates
- Their own online forms
- Templates that have been shared with all users of the account
- Template libraries that have been shared with their user
- Online forms they have created
- Customized Labels to sort documents on an individual level
Regular Users cannot access:
- Settings tab
- Billing tab
- Other account users’ documents unless they are assigned as a Manager for a user
- Do not have access to other users’ online forms
- Other user's Documents; A Regular User can only see their own documents. Regular users are able to send documents for signature and leverage our core Foxit eSign Features.
- Other user's Templates; Regular users are unable to see other users' templates, unless they are shared with all users. A Template Library can easily be created to share templates with other users, internal or external
Change User Level
- Go to Account Users under Settings.
- Click on the edit icon to edit the user.
- Select the Regular User, Admin, or Super Admin from the dropdown list.
- Click Save.