There are several ways to sign a document with Foxit PDF Editor and Reader, please try one of the following ways.
- Sign PDFs with Digital Signature
Before you sign a document, you need to draw a signature field where the signature is placed, get a digital ID, and create the signature.
- Choose Protect > Sign & Certify > Place Signature.
- Press and hold the mouse button down, and drag to draw a signature field for your signature.
- In Sign Document dialog box, choose a digital ID from drop-down menu. If you can’t find the specified digital ID, you will need to get a certificate from the third party provider or create a self-signed digital ID. For how to create a self-signed digital ID, please refer to HEREfor specific steps.
- Sign PDFs with Foxit eSign feature
Foxit integrated Foxit eSign into Foxit PDF Editor for windows desktop since V11.2. The integration of best-in-class, easy-to-use eSignature capabilities with Foxit PDF Editor means that people can, for the first time, create, edit and sign legally binding documents without leaving their PDF editor.
For a quick look at how easily Foxit PDF users will be able to leverage all the benefits of eSign, please view these short how-to videos: https://www.foxit.com/PDF-Esign/
- Sign PDFs with PDF Sign
To create your own handwritten signature and sign a PDF, follow these steps.
- Choose Protect tab> Fill & Sign.
- Click +in the signature palette to create signature.
- In the Create Signature dialog box, you can draw a signature, import a file, copy from the clipboard, or type text content to create a signature. Or click Online Signatureto choose a signature from the online signatures you saved before.
4.Click Save. The cursor will be changed into a shape with the appearance preview of the signature. Place the cursor to the position you want to sign and click. If resize the signature is needed, please click on the signature and drag the small red square on the lower right corner of the rectangle for resizing.
- Sign PDFs with DocuSign
To sign a PDF with DocuSign, please refer to the following steps:
1.Open the PDF document you want to sign, click the Protect tab, and choose DocuSign > Login to DocuSign. Type your Email and password for DocuSign and click Login. If you do not have an account, please sign up first.
- After signing in, choose DocuSign > Sign with DocuSign. The application will upload your PDF to DocuSign and you will enter into the DocuSign user interface.
- Sign the Document.