Foxit Customization Tool provides the simple configuration options for IT professionals to configure the Foxit installer prior to organization-wide deployment, and quickly install and activate Foxit PDF Editor for MAC V11.x and greater versions ( and Foxit PhantomPDF for Mac V4.0 to V4.1) on all the devices across your organization without any user interaction. This article introduces how this tool works, following are the steps:
- 1. Install and Run Foxit Customization Tool
- 2. Configure and Output an Installation Pack
- 3. Deploy with the Installation Pack
1. Install and Run Foxit Customization Tool
Please access here to get the Foxit Customization tool which matches the major version of your Foxit application. For example, Foxit Customization Tool 11.0 can work for all the Foxit PDF Editor for Mac V11.x versions. Then double click on the downloaded .dmg file to bring up the “Foxit Customization Tool” window, double click on Foxit Customization Tool option to run the Foxit Customization tool.
2. Configure and Output an Installation Pack
In Foxit Customization tool, you could configurate the following options and output a new installation pack as you want:
- Locate installer: Choose an appropriate installer package of Foxit PDF Editor for MAC.
- Add License Key File: Choose the license key file.
- Add Code: Copy and paste your registration key code of Foxit PDF Editor into the Add code field. (This option is not available in Foxit Customation tool for V4.x.)
- Set as the default PDF viewer: Check this option if you need to set Foxit as the default PDF viewer. (This option is not available in Foxit Customation tool for V4.x.)
- Server Address from Admin Console: Add On-premise Foxit Admin console server address.
- Internal update server: Add internal update server address if Foxit PDF Editor will be configured to update from internal server on the on-premise Admin console. (This option is not available in Foxit Customation tool for V4.x.)
- Show Start Page: Change the settings of Start Page. (Applicable to Foxit PDF Editor for Mac V12.0 and later versions.)
- Hide Specific Plugins: Select corresponding plugin item(s) from Plugin List to hide. (Applicable to Foxit PDF Editor for Mac V12.0 and later versions.)
Plugins supported to be hidden include Box, Comments Summary, ComparePDF, Dropbox, Foxit Account Managment, Google Drive, iManage 10, License Manager, OneDrive, OneDrive For Business, Page Editor, RMS, Ruler, Share Review, Sharepoint, Speech, U3DBrwoser and Updater.
Click OK to specify an output folder and then generate a new PKG file.
3. Deploy with the New Installation pack
Deploy Foxit PDF Editor for Mac into the environment with the newly configured .pkg package.
For example, we run Terminal and use the command line to apply the new PKG file during deployment:
sudo installer -pkg “packagepath” -target /
Note: The options of "Add code" "Server Address from Admin Console" "Internal update server" in Foxit Customization tool are newly added options since version 11.