My PDF documents open in the browser, no matter which browser I use, but I'd like them to open in Foxit separately. How can I make this happen?
Open Foxit Reader, go to File menu > choose Preferences, and complete the following steps
1. Click on File Associations.
2. Click on Advanced… button.
3. Uncheck the square box beside the Include browser when setting default PDF viewer.
4. Click on OK to apply the change.
5. Click on Make Default PDF Viewer, click on Yes if there are any system UAC prompt.
6. Click on OK to accept the change and close the Preferences dialog box.
Restart the browser to open an online PDF that shall be opened in the standalone Foxit Reader program.
Note: The above info is applicable to IE browser only. Firefox, Google Chrome or Opera doesn't support the NPAPI style plugins, so Foxit PDF plug-in can not work in Firefox (version 52 and above), Google Chrome(version 45 and above) or Opera(version 12.17 and above) anymore. When trying to open online PDF documents from within these non-IE browsers, they will use inbuilt PDF viewer to display PDF documents from within the browser. You may open the settings of the browsers then change the setting accordingly.
E.g. In Chrome, you may click on the More icon at the top right corner > Settings > Advanced > Privacy and Security > Content Setting > PDF documents > turn on Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome.