What's Setup Admin?
In the Admin Console platform, if an account is set as a Setup Admin, it will have full system administrator privileges. However, the Setup Admin cannot be granted permissions for eSign-related products. Once the Setup Admin is established, they can use this account to log in to the eSign website and select the accounts of enterprise members to view their Settings and Billing within eSign.
How to set a user account as a Setup Admin?
There are four ways to set a user account as a Setup Admin.
(a) eSign application
You can leverage the eSign application to set a Setup Administrator for the below Subscription plans:
- PDF Editor Suite/Suite Pro for Teams (shared envelope pooling)
- Foxit eSign
- Foxit eSign Pro
- Foxit eSign Enterprise plan
Follow the steps below to configure one of your team members as a Setup Admin.
- Log into the eSign application.
- Click Settings tab and select Account Users from the left navigation pane.
- Click the edit icon next to the team member’s name whom you would want to make as the Setup Admin.
- Choose Setup Admin from the Select User Role drop-down menu. Click Save.
- If the member is not already in your list of account users, you can add it by clicking Manage Users.
- Assign the Setup Admin role to the team member by choosing it from the drop-down menu and then clicking Add User.
- Once done, it will show the User Type as Setup Admin.
Now, the new Setup Admin account can log into their account to see if changes are reflected. As a Setup Admin, he/she will be able to see two tabs in their account – Billing and Settings.
Note: You can follow along the same lines for your account if you want to give up your license and become a Setup Admin yourself.
(b) Admin Console
With the help of the Admin console, you can configure a Setup Administrator for the below Subscriptions:
- PDF Editor Suite/Suite Pro for Teams (Pooled and Non-Pooled)
- Foxit eSign Enterprise plan
Follow the below steps to perform the required settings from the admin end.
- Log into the Admin console.
- Under User ID Management, choose Admin Role from the left navigation pane and click Add Admin from the top-right corner.
Note: These settings are applicable for admins only.
- Enter the user name or email address to add a user and then click Next.
Note: Only existing users can be added here. New users, which are yet to be activated, will not get populated here.
- Click Next.
- Tick the checkbox for Setup Administrator, choose the required products from the options provided, and click Next.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
7. The newly added admin role will appear in the list of admin accounts, as illustrated below:
(c) Official Website (Online subscriptions)
You can configure a Setup Administrator for Online subscriptions for PDF Editor Suite/Suite Pro for Individuals simply by navigating to our official website. Follow the below steps to perform the required settings on the Foxit website.
- Navigate to Foxit.com and log into your account.
- Click on your profile at the top and choose My License.
- Next, click the Subscription Management tab.
- Click Manage next to your subscription plan.
- Click Add Setup Admin to make one of your team members a Setup Admin.
- Enter the email address of the team member in the space provided and click Submit.
7. On successful completion, you will get an acknowledgement on the screen and the respective team member will be shown as Setup Admin.
(d) AppStore Webpage (Offline subscriptions)
You can configure a Setup Administrator for Offline subscription for PDF Editor Suite/Suite Pro for Individuals with the help of an AppStore webpage by following the below steps:
- Log into your account.
- On successful login, click Manage Organization/Members.
- Click the organization name as shown in the image below.
- A new tab opens. Scroll the page down and click Actions button to designate a team member as the Setup Admin. Click Set setup admin.
5. Once done, you will be notified about the successful completion of the action.
Congratulations! You have completed the procedures of configuring Setup Admin for eSign licenses.