Download and install GPO templates
Foxit PDF Editor has .adm and .admx files available to download here.
If using the admx template
- Place the .admx file in C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions and configure the settings.
- The .admx file should be used in combination with an .adml file. Place the .adml file in C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\language. For example, in an English OS, the .adml file should be placed in C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\en_us.
If using the adm template
- Press the shortcut keys "Windows + R" and type gpedit.msc in the Run window to open Group Policy Editor.
- Right-click the management template and choose Add/Remove Template in the context menu. In the opened dialogue box, add the group policy template (.adm) of Foxit PDF Editor. The Foxit PDF Editor template will appear in the left navigation pane "Classic Administrative Templates(ADM)", and you can set its template preferences.
Notes after completing the configuration:
- After modifying the DC's GPO template, if you need it to take effect immediately, run "gpupdate" on the client machine's cmd to actively update the group policy.
- The client machine will actively update the group policy after restarting.