My SAP GUI can't open PDF in Foxit PDF Editor after installing or updating the FOXIT PDF Editor/Reader.
To open a PDF from SAP using an external PDF viewer, SAP GUI needs to set the "Browser Control" to "Internet Explorer". See the screenshot below:
With the help of Internet Explorer, the local default PDF viewer will be enabled to open the PDF document in SAP.
If the local default PDF viewer is set to Foxit PDF Editor/Reader, the SAP GUI should open the PDF via the Foxit Editor/Reader.
But sometimes, if the user installs Foxit with the Foxit IE Browser Plugin, the PDF won't open in Foxit Editor/Reader.
It is the Foxit IE Browser Plugin that failed to execute and freeze the process. This happens mostly on the latest Windows 10 and Windows 11 OS. Because the IE feature has been trimmed and merged into the Edge, the Foxit IE Browser Plugin will not work on these Operating Systems.
The solution is to remove the Foxit IE Browser Plugin.
The best way is to uninstall or modify the current Foxit Editor/Reader. And then, re-install or change without the Foxit IE Browser Plugin. See below the detailed steps:
1. Uninstall or modify (change) the Foxit Editor/Reader.
2. Open the Foxit PDF Editor Setup.
3. Select Custom Setup, and then under the "PDF Viewer"->"IE Browser Plugin", select "Entire feature will be unavailable". See the screenshot below:
4. Click Next to finish the installation.
5. Open Foxit PDF Editor and activate.
6. Try SAP to open the PDF document again. (If still doesn't work, close and restart SAP GUI)