If you have installed Foxit PDF Creator add-ins for MS Office applications and they no longer work, they may be disabled or inactive in your Office application. This article will show you how to enable the add-on.
Enabling Add-ins in MS Office
- Open Office Application, such as Word, Go to File > Options > Add-ins.
- Under Manage, select Disabled Add-ins.
- Highlight the add-in, then click Enable. If the add-in is not listed there, then just click close.
- Go back to the Add-ins menu. Under Manage, select COM Add-ins. Here you can activate the add-in by checking the box.
- Click OK.
If the above does not help, the Foxit PDF Creator add-in may be disabled in Office. You can see that the add-in compatibility is set to "No compatibility information available".
Keep the Foxit PDF Creator Add-ins Enabled
Sometimes, the Foxit Creator add-in will be disabled automatically when the Office is closed and re-opened. To keep Foxit add-ins enabled, you can:
For Outlook, use the "Slow and Disabled Add-ins"
- In Outlook, click "File" in the top bar, then select "Info", and then select "Manage COM Add-ins";
- In the popup dialog "Slow and Disabled Add-ins", Find the "Foxit PDF Creator COM Add-in", under the "Options", select "Always Enable this add-in". And then click "Apply".
For other Office products, changing the Load Behavior
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type "regedit" in the Run box and press Enter or click OK. If prompted by User Account Control, click Yes to allow Registry Editor to make changes to your computer.
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\WordAddinPH.FpcWordAddin to check if the LoadBehavior value is 2. If the value is 2, remove the LoadBehavior entry or change it to 3.
- Then, you can follow the "Enabling Add-in in MS Office" steps to enable the Foxit PDF Creator Add-in in Office.