They are various ways to convert Excel documents to PDF. But how could we make the converted PDF fillable and the form field editable?
Foxit PDF Editor has a solution.
1. Convert Excel spreadsheet to PDF. There are several ways:
- From Microsoft Office Excel. Click "File" -> "Save As" -> Select "PDF" in the dropdown list. Or click "File" -> "Print" -> "Microsoft Print to PDF".
- From Foxit Add-in in Microsoft Excel. See the introduction: https://www.foxit.com/blog/foxit-pdf-creator-add-in-gives-you-advanced-pdf-workflows-from-microsoft-office/
- From the File Explorer. Select the Excel file you want to convert, right-click, and choose "Convert to PDF in Foxit PDF Editor"
2. Recognition of the Form Fields.
- Open the PDF document converted from Excel Spreadsheet in Foxit PDF Editor. Go to "Form" -> "Run Form Field Recognition". Details can be found in this article: https://www.foxit.com/blog/how-to-recognize-form-fields-and-make-them-fillable-in-pdfs/
- Edit the recognized form fields if you need to.
Tips: if you want to change the tab order, expand the left sidebar, select "Fields" and click the top-left icon. Like this: