If you are trying to convert Office documents into PDF/A with PDF Compressor and receiving the following error message...
Error: Job 3: Conversion to PDF/A-2U failed: The document could not be converted due to an Office error. Make sure Office is installed correctly and no instance of Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) is running. (0x480e): "<file path>.docx"
...It means that either the access data is not entered correctly in PDFC or the Office application is not fully installed, but demo licenses are running
To check how to add correctly the service account, check this article: How to add the service account?
If the conversion of .word and other Office files still fails, then you should also log in to the user account you set up for Born Digital conversion, open all the Office applications and check if:
- The application is fully installed (no demo license)
- The "Save as PDF" function is activated in the Office application (files can be created/saved as PDF via Office)
- All startup dialogs that require user input are disabled.
- Macros and other active elements (ActiveX) are set without notification in the Trust Center or Security Center in the Excel application
- A standard printer is installed