This article introduce how to integrate Foxit PDF Editor Cloud with SharePoint. Enterprise administrator is required to complete for Step 1-2. If you are a member authorized to use Foxit SharePoint and OneDrive in Microsoft, you may start at Step 3.
Step 1 Apply for permission in Microsoft
1. Log in to the website address Business Apps – Microsoft AppSource
2. Find Foxit PDF Editor Cloud for SharePoint Online and OneDrive and click Get it now. If you didn’t log in to Microsoft, you will need to log into your Microsoft account first.
3. Click Get it now at the right bottom when the following windows appears.
4. Click Accept at the right bottom (Note: Do not check the option "Consent on behalf of your organization")
5. You will get to this page and see the app is installing
6. After some seconds, you will see the prompt at the bottom of the page "Success! Microsoft may take up to 48 hours to display the app in your account." which means this procedure may take up to 48 hours to display the app in your account.
Step 2 Assign SharePoint and OneDrive Applications to members in Azure portal
1. Select Azure Active Directory under Azure Services. You can search Azure portal via https://portal.azure.com
2. Select Enterprise applications on the left menu bar
3. Select All applications → enter sharepoint → click Foxit PDF Editor for SharePoint and OneDrive
4. Click Assign users and groups under Getting Started
5. Click Add user/group to invite the members
6. Navigate to Properties under Manage on the menu bar → Click Yes for Enabled for users to sign-in
Step 3 Open the PDF file with Foxit PDF Editor Cloud in SharePoint
1. Users who were authorized can use Foxit PDF Editor Cloud to operate PDF in SharePoint. Please log in the website: https://www.office.com/
2. Click Apps on the left menu bar
3. click All apps under apps list
4. Scroll down and you will see SharePoint, then please click SharePoint
5. Right click the PDF file in Documents tab or Share with us tab → select Open in Foxit PDF Editor for SharePoint and OneDrive
You're all done! Now you can work with PDFs directly in Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive using Foxit PDF Editor online
Troubleshooting in using Foxit SharePoint and OneDrive Application
If there is no entry to open documents through Foxit PDF Editor after you log in to Microsoft SharePoint and OneDrive, you can refer to the following solutions to check the issue.
- Log in to Azure with the enterprise administrator account and confirm whether Foxit SharePoint and OneDrive Application exists in the enterprise application.
- Confirm the use rights of Foxit SharePoint and OneDrive applications of enterprise members.
- Confirm whether "Enable user login" in the property of application in Azure is set to "Yes"
Please refer to How to uninstall Foxit PDF Editor Cloud in SharePoint – Help Center | Foxit Software to uninstall Foxit PDF Editor Cloud in SharePoint for details.