The read input from FTP server option allows the processing of input files that are directly
downloaded from an FTP server.
The connection settings for the FTP server can be configured by clicking on the FTP Input
Options button, which opens a separate dialog. The following must be considered:
1. To establish a connection to the FTP server Host name or IP address as well as the Port
fields must be specified. The default port number for FTP is 21 and for SSH FTP is 22.
2. Depending on the server configuration, the remaining settings can be specified/activated.
3. PDF Compressor supports SSH FTP and FTP unsecured and secured over SSL/TLS.
4. The definition of the Default folder is optional and serves as the basis for specifying a target
folder or file.
5. Using passive transfers switch enables an automatic port selection by the server.
6. Using anonymous login allows logging in without a username and password.
7. The value of the Connection timeout interval specifies the maximum timespan in seconds
used to establish a connection. The trial will be aborted with an error message as soon
as the limit is reached.
8. Disconnect if idle for at least one option causes an automatic disconnect to an established
connection after a specified number of seconds.
9. Using the Test connection button establishes a test connection to the specified FTP server
considering the given parameters and disconnects afterward. The result is shown as a
pop-up with either a success or an error message
Please note that file and folder names are case-sensitive on many FTP servers and use slashes '/' instead backslashes '\' to separate folders.
For PDF Compressor to obtain input files directly from an FTP server, the server needs to support either the MLSD/MLST commands or the PASV option. In the latter case, please enable Use passive transfers in the FTP Input Options dialog