What is Software Assurance (SA)?
- Also known as Upgrade Assurance or Maintenance & Support (M&S), SA provides free upgrades to the current version, ongoing maintenance and premium support. SA is required for licenses in the admin console.
When does SA expire?
- SA begins on the order date, specifically the date the order was processed by Foxit and ends 364 days later if the term is for 12 months.
- Expired SA can not be renewed
How will I know when SA will expire?
- Notifications are sent to the email address provided in the order, namely to where the order confirmation was sent, as early as 90 days before expiration. However, many reasons could prevent you from receiving them and so we recommend noting the expiration date and contacting email@example.com if you do not receive the notification.
- If you purchased through third-party please contact that party to renew
How do I get the free upgrade?
- In general, if a new version is available the license is sent upon renewal. Alternatively, go to https://www.foxit.com/shopping/upgrade.html to check the upgrade status. If you need further assistance Submit a Ticket at help.foxit.com
Can I combine multiple SA’s with differing expiration dates into one SA when the first one expires?
- SA for a new license can be only for 12-month periods. Upon renewal of the first license(s) the following year, a custom quote can be requested to align SA for all the licenses purchased the previous year